Friday, May 18, 2007

SMS Scams Explained

Jeff Ooi is running a series of posts explaining the SMS scam which Malaysian celco customers are facing currently. One of the most damaging effect is that of customers being charged unsolicited SMS from content providers (a few ringgit each) which they have never subscribed to. I am a victim as well, and even though Maxis have said it will waive the item from my bill, it has not been done (more than a month already). In a forum I visit regularly, I found out I wasn't the only one. So, do check your bills (sorry if you are prepaid user...only Digi seems to provide itemised billing for prepaid accounts)!




The MCMC seems to know about this and is trying to put a stop to it. Let's just hope that for the sake of celco consumers, political interference will not happen that will jeopardize MCMC's regulatory powers with regards to this issue.

No comments: